Potato salad is a summer staple. My father goes nuts for this one, and swears it is better than any non-vegan one he has ever eaten. the fresh dill gives it a nice fresh flavour that rings in summer vibes. Dill has cool compounds called monoterpenes, these compounds help to initiate detoxification and anti-inflammatory, antibacterial and antiviral processes in our bodies, making them a great addition, not only for its taste.
I personally think the other key component of my potato dill salad, is the addition of sweet baby gerkins, and gerkin pickling juice to the otherwise savoury dish!
- 3 cups Russet potato, peeled, diced and boiled.
- 1/2 c. celery, chopped finely
- 1/3 c. sweet onion, chopped finely
- 1/3 c. sweet gerkin pickles, chopped finely
- 1/4 c. dill pickles, chopped finely
- 1/4 c. pumpkin seeds
- 1 1/4 c. Veganaise
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 tbsp. sweet gerkin pickle juice
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tbsp. dried dill
- 1 tbsp. fresh dill, chopped finely
- 1 tbsp. dijon mustard
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. fresh cracked pepper
- Green onion, dill, paprika to garnish (*optional)
- Cool boiled potatoes, while preparing other ingredients for salad
- Add all the sauce ingredients together a whisk well.
- Remove potatoes from fridge, and add remaining salad ingredients, mix in sauce and mash some of the potato to give a creamier texture, leaving chunks of potato for overall nicer consistency!