This post is long over-due, I actually made this recipe when we were still in the thick of winter and I went to my favourite grocers Kent Street Market and saw black garlic. There’s a place in PEI, called Eureka Garlic, run by a guy who is absolutely in love with growing garlic, and a genius at it! (Also a genius company name)
Ever since I first visited LA and went to Silverlake Ramen, where they have a black garlic oil, I’ve been OBSESSED.
This is a ramen-esque soup of sorts, filled with so much flavour and texture, just how I like it!
- 1 package of soyganic sriracha smoked tofu*, cubed
- 6 cloves of black garlic
- 3 tbsp. avocado oil
- 3 tbsp. water
- 3 tbsp. Bragg’s all purpose soy seasoning
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 c. white miso
- 5 cloves of garlic, minced
- 3 tbsp. sriracha
- 2 tbsp. ginger, minced
- 2 tbsp. rice vinegar
- 2 tbsp. sesame oil
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tsp. chili flakes
- carrot, thinly sliced
- dry wild mushrooms
- dulse seaweed
- spinach thinly chopped
- green onion
- ramen noodles, 3 bundles (you can adjust based on how much
- 6 c. vegetable broth
- 1 can coconut milk
* you can fill with whatever you want really!
- Put all broth ingredients into a food processor or blender and blend until thick, but fine, paste is achieved and set aside.
- Prepare vegetable broth and add carrots to soften slightly, while cooking tofu (~ 7 minutes), then add mushroom and simmer.
- Put all tofu ingredients except for tofu, and 1 tbsp. of oil in a food processor or blender, and blend until well mixed (Add more water if too thick).
- Heat a skillet with oil and cook tofu until golden, then remove
- Cook noodles, as per package.
- Add broth ingredients to vegetable broth and carrots and mushroom, then add the coconut milk and remaining soup ingredients and heat to low-medium
- Add blended tofu ingredients to skillet and sauté on medium for ~1 min, then add tofu and cook for a couple of minutes over medium stirring constantly.
- Add noodles and tofu to the rest of the soup and serve!