This recipe is almost an exact replicate as Sticky Sesame Cauliflower. I had never really messed around with cauliflower too much in the past, outside of using it as mashed cauliflower, despite my awareness at how beautifully adaptable it is, as well as nutritious. I was a little disappointed by the “breading” result, and will try and work on some adaptations in the meantime, it tasted perfect so that was the least of my concerns.
- 1 Cauliflower head, chopped into florets.
- 1/3 c. Bragg’s All Purpose Soy Seasoning
- 1/3 c. maple syrup
- 1/4 c. rice vinegar
- 1 tbsp. Unsulphured molasses
- 1 tbsp. Sriracha
- 2 tsp. sesame oil
- 1 tsp. fresh ginger, minced
- 1/2 tsp. liquid smoke
- 1 glove of garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp. cornstarch
- 1/3 c. water
- 1/2 tsp. Earth Balance
- *sesame seeds, scallions and smoked paprika for garnish, optional
- Preheat oven to 450F and grease baking pan with earth balance.
- Distribute cauliflower evenly in a single layer and bake for 10 minutes, then flip and bake for another 10 minutes.
- Mix soy, maple syrup, rice vinegar, Unsulphured molasses, Sriracha, sesame oil, ginger, liquid smoke, garlic in a saucepan and cook over medium heat, while whisking.
- Bring water to a boil in small saucepan, add cornstarch and whisk until smooth add to the sauce and mix until thick.
- Remove florets from oven.
- Heat large frying pan (no oil) and toss in the florets, cook for a few minutes on med-high, until golden and then add the sauce
- Toss with garnishes you desire and enjoy!