This was my first attempt at making a tofu bacon. Liquid smoke is a miraculous thing for a flavour junkie like myself.
- 1/2 block extra firm tofu, sliced thinly lengthwise
- 3 tbsp. Bragg’s all purpose soy seasoning
- 2 tbsp. nutritional yeast
- 1 tbsp. brown sugar
- 1 tbsp. avocado oil
- 2 tsp. liquid smoke
- 1/2 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp. granulated onion powder
Sandwich (all optional/adaptable)
- Sourdough bread
- Fresh Start Chili “Fauxmage” cashew cheese spread
- Mixed greens
- Earth Balance
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Whisk all tofu ingredients together, and marinate tofu slices for a couple of minutes in sauce.
- Drizzle baking sheet with a little oil and bake tofu for 10 minutes on each side.
- Remove from oven.
- Place tofu in dry frying pan and cook over medium for a couple of minutes on each side until dark golden brown.
- Spread earth balance on bread and grill on pan until golden.
- Assemble the goods that you’ve selected and enjoy!