This compote was so simple and is a great addition to so many breakfast or dessert dishes. Throw on top of pancakes, in some soy yogurt or cultured coconut with some granola, on top of some ice “cream” or fruit!
- 600g of frozen berries (one package – I chose cherrie/blackberry/blueberry)
- 1/4 c. fresh strawberries
- 1/4 c. fresh blueberries
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 tbsp. maple syrup
- dash of water
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- Add ingredients and mix in a large saucepan over high heat until boiling
- Reduce heat to a low simmer for 20 minutes
- Remove from heat and stir
- Cool in fridge for atleast 20 minutes, then enjoy!