What is a Buddha Bowl? The beautiful thing about this meal is that, it can be whatever you like it to be in a sense, you can fill your palette with what hits the spot for you, fill it will a good variety of vitamins and minerals to fill your body’s needs and also use what foods need to get eaten! Mix a healthy grain, raw and/or roasted vegetables, greens and protein!
For this, I make the same delicious sauce and just mix things up each time.
Here’s what is in this bowl.
- Carrots, julienne cut raw
- Beets, julienne cut raw
- Short grain organic brown rice, cooked with a cinnamon stick
- Sweet potato, sliced 1/2 cm. thick
- 1/2 avocado, sliced very thin
- Brussel sprouts, steamed
- 1 tsp. Earth Balance (or olive oil)
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- 1 tin of chick-pea
- 2 tbsp. olive oil, divided
- 1/2 tbsp. cajun seasoning, divided
- 1 Yves Veggie Burger, sliced
- 1/3 c. nutritional yeast
- 3 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 tbsp. maple syrup
- 2 tbsp. tamari
- 2 tbsp. cold water
- 1/4 tsp. sea salt
- Cook rice in rice cooker with cinnamon stick.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Celsius, drizzle chickpeas in oil and cajun season on a baking tray and bake for 15 minutes, flip and cook for another 15 minutes.
- In the same oven, drizzle sweet potatoes on another baking dish with olive oil and cajun and bake for 15 minutes, flip and cook for another 15 minutes.
- Steam brussel sprouts for 5 minutes, add Earth Balance and sea salt.
- Combine on a plate and drizzel with your dressing.
*** You can prepare as many veggies/rice as you like, the sauce will provide enough for approximately 4-6 plates/bowls.