This is the simplest recipe to make. Very few ingredients, but you need to give yourself a bit of time to prepare it as you need to soak the cashews and then also set aside the mixture in the fridge for a couple of hours, but trust me, it’s worth the wait!
- 3/4 c. cashews (soaked for an hour)
- 3/4 c. cold water
- 2 c. dark chocolate chips (vegan)
- *coconut flakes, chopped nuts, cocoa, chopped berries (*optional coating)
Other requirements, but not necessities to enjoy!
- Mini cupcake cups, to place truffles in so they maintain form.
- Double broiler (if you don’t own one, you can do it the ghetto way and put an inch or two of water in a larger pot and set a smaller pot inside).
- Plastic bag to cover the truffles in toppings.
- Blend nuts and water on high for one minute (yes one minute), stop scrape down the sides and blend again until you have a nice creamy texture.
- Melt chocolate in a double broiler over medium heat.
- Remove chocolate from heat and mix in slowly the cashew mixture. (Be sure to mix slowly so that it doesn’t bubble.
- Set mixture aside in fridge for a minimum of 2-3 hours.
- Remove from fridge and roll into 1 inch balls
- *Cover in coating ( I generally put the topping into a small plastic bag and throw the ball in and shake it up a bit!)