Full of flavour, great comfort food for those days that are not quite as toasty as you want them to be. Recipe seems long, but once in the groove it isn’t complicated at all and only takes about an hour from prep to mouth!
- 1 package of rice noodles, prepared as per package
- 4 c. broccoli, chopped
- 1 c. scallions, chopped finely
- 1 c. cilantro, chopped finely
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp. coconut oil
- 1 package of firm tofu, cubed (approx. 2 cm cubed)
- 1 tsp. red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- *Crushed peanuts, cilantro, sesame seeds, cayenne (*optional seasoning)
Pad Thai Sauce
- 6 tbsp. Bragg’s all purpose soy seasoning (or soy sauce)
- 4 tbsp. brown sugar
- 2 tbsp. sriracha
- 1/3 c. lime juice
- 1/3 c. cold water
Peanut Ginger Sauce
- 1/2 c. natural peanut butter
- 2 tbsp. maple syrup
- 2 tbsp. rice vinegar
- 3 tsp. minced ginger
- 2 tsp. sesame oil
- 1/3 c. warm water
- Prepare both sauces so they are ready when you need them, mix ingredients and stir well. (You’ll need a quick stir again before adding)
- In a large frying pan, over medium heat.
- Add tofu and cook until golden on both sides.
- Remove from heat, place in bowl and cover with tin foil.
- Cook rice noodles as per package.
- In same pan, add a little oil and broccoli, cook until lightly golden.
- Remove from heat, and place in bowl with tofu.
- Add remaining oil and garlic and cook until slightly golden.
- Add scallions, cilantro, red pepper and salt and cook until greens are slightly wilted.
- Add pad thai sauce and cook for one more minute.
- Add noodles and mix well.
- Add tofu and broccoli, mix and cover for 2-3 minutes.
- Add peanut ginger sauce, mix and cook for 1 minute, uncovered.
- Remove from heat, add garnishes and done!