Beet hummus is pretty much perfect. Rich colour and full of nutrients. It has great antioxidant, anti-inflammatory and detoxifying agents. This super simple recipe is full of flavour and has a wonderful texture.
- 4 medium/large beets (cooked, see instructions below)
- 3 tbsp. tahini
- 5 tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 1/4 tsp. sea salt (black lava sea salt pictured)
- thyme (optional)
- Boil 3 c. water in saucepan (just enough to covered beets).
- Add 2 tbsp. of lemon juice.
- Clean off beets and place in boiling water.
- Bring water to a boil again and then simmer on low for one hour.
- Rinse beets under cool water and leave to cool.
- Cut off ends and peel beets, the cube.
- Add beets, tahini, remaining lemon juice, garlic and cumin in a food processor (blender) and pulse until relatively smooth.
- Garnish with thyme and sea salt.