Burrito Ingredients (makes 4)
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, boiled and mashed
- 1 tbsp. maple syrup
- 3/4 c. short grain brown rice
- 1 1/2 c. water
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped finely
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 c. filtered water
- 1 – 19 oz. can of black beans (or three cups of prepared black beans)
- 1 ½ tbsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 1 tsp. smoked paprika
- 1 ½ tbsp. Bragg’s All Purpose soy sauce
- 1 ½ tsp. stone ground mustard
- whole wheat flax tortillas
- ¾ Daiya cheese
- Cilantro (optional)
- ½ c. tofutti sour cream
- ½ c. salsa
- avocado salsa (recipe below) or guacamole
Avocado salsa (mix in a bowl and set aside until the end)
- ½ chopped avocado
- 1/8 c. chopped red pepper
- 1/8 c. chopped yellow onion
- 1 tsp. lemon juice
- ¼ tsp. sea salt
- Add rice, 1 1/2 c. water and cinnamon stick to rice cooker and cook.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Boil sweet potatoes until tender then drain, mash and add maple syrup.
- Heat oil in large pan with onion and garlic for 1-2 minutes (until onions become tender)
- Rinse black beans and add to pan.
- Mash them while gradually adding the water then heat until you get a soft boil.
- Lower the heat to a simmer and add the Bragg’s, chili, cumin, paprika, and mustard.
- Cook on low for 5 minutes to allow flavours to absorb, then remove from heat.
- Sprinkle shredded cheese over tortilla, add rice, the black bean mash, sweet potato on top and cilantro. (Make sure that you do not put too much so that you can’t roll the wrap)
- Roll and place on a baking tray in the oven for 5-7 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and put salsa, sour cream and avocado salsa and cilantro on top!